WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA
A highly developed country and one of the wealthiest, Australia is an independent Western democracy with a population of more than 20 million. It is one of the world's most urbanized countries, with about 70 per cent of the population is concentrated along the eastern seaboard and the south-eastern corner of the continent. Australia's lifestyle reflects its mainly Western origins.
FACTS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
Kylie Campbell, President ADCC Australia email@example.com
- One of the interesting facts about Australia is that Australia is the biggest island and the smallest continent in the world
- Lying between 10 and 39 South latitude, Australia is the driest inhabited continent in the world.
- Australia is the world's sixth-largest country by total area after Russia, Canada, China, the United States of America and Brazil, It has, however, a relatively small population.
- The longest fence in the world is known as The Dingo Fence, Dog Fence, Wild Dog Fence or Border Fence
- The Western Australian section of the Eyre Highway lies entirely on the Nularbor Plain is regarded as the longest straight stretch of road in the world, between Balladonia and Caligula: the road stretches for 146.6 kilometers (91.1mi) without turning.
- Over200 different languages and dialects are spoken in Australia including 45 indigenous languages.
- The largest cattle station in the world is Anna Creek Station in South Australia. Its area is roughly 6,000,000 acres (24,000 km2) which is slightly larger than Israel.
- Australia has had one of the most outstanding, the largest capitalist economies of the world in recent years with a GDP of US$1.57 trillion.
- The first inhabitants of Australia, were the Aboriginals Australians, also referred to as Aboriginal people, are people whose ancestors were indigenous to the Australian continent.