WELCOME TO AFRICA
Africa is an amazing continent that is distinctly unique among the seven continents. Africa is rich in cultural heritage and diversity, a wealth of natural resources, offers breathtaking tourist attractions, and contains some of the most intricate political systems. Explore this incredible continent with some of the most interesting facts about Africa.
FACTS ABOUT AFRICA
Chijioke James, President ADCC Africa firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa is the second-largest continent in the world both in size and population
- Africa is home to over 1 billion people who speak over 1,500 different languages. One in every four of the world's language are spoken only in Africa
- Africa's total size is roughly 11.7 square miles, representing about a fifth of the earth's total landmass. This makes it larger than India, China, Mexica, and USA's and a huge chunk of Europe combined.
- Nigeria has the highest population (nearly 200 million people) in Africa. This represents 20% of Africa's total population.
- Africa's Nile River is the world's longest river. It has a total length of 6,650 kilometers (4,132 miles) and cuts across 11 countries.
- The largest island in Africa, located in the Indian Ocean (off Africa's East Coast) is Madagascar. It is also the fourth largest in the world.
- The Victoria Falls, located along the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe, is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. The Zambezi River is the fall's main water source.
- Africa's Sahara desert is the world's largest hot desert covering 9.1 million km2. Of the deserts of the world, it is the third largest after the Arctic (second largest) and Antarctic (largest) deserts.
Join the Movement Become an ADCC "I AM CONNECTED" member!